Google AdSense is a revolutionary idea from Google. Google retired its affiliate program in 2008 and moved entirely to AdSense. Basically in Layman terms, Google AdSense is a program run by Google that allows website owners toadvertise automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements, that are targeted to said website content and audience. These advertisements are administered and maintained by Google. They can generate revenue on either a per-click (pay when ad is clicked) or per-impression basis (pay when ad is shown).
AdSense is important for Google because, In Q1 2014, Google earned US $3.4 billion ($13.6 billion annualized), or 22% of total revenue, through Google AdSense!!!
How it works:
- Each time this page is visited, the above code given by Google displays content fetched from Google’s servers
- For site-targeted advertisements, the advertiser chooses the page(s) on which to display advertisements, and pays based on cost per impression (CPM), or the price advertisers choose to pay for every thousand advertisements displayed
- Search advertisements are added to the list of results after the visitor performs a search
Manage your expectations. When you sign up for AdSense, you’ll want to know what kind of revenue can you expect to see. There is a lot that goes into what kind of return you can expect, and managing those things will help you maximize your earning potential.
You can apply for AdSense program here.
Few pointers before you go all ballistic and running to AdSense:
- Google AdSense will check the quality and quantity of your website
- It does not allow websites to enter which have illegal content like child Pornography, Drugs sale, etc.
- Google will allow your website ONLY if there is a lot of content on your website
- Traffic is also a factor which AdSense considers before accepting a website. Blogs may get 100 visitors per day and websites with heavy traffic get about millions click in a day, Indian example being flipkart.com
- Avoid non-English characters on English pages. There is a bug which can cause these pages to show irrelevant French ads.
- If Google detects possible cheating, there is no such thing as presumption of innocence. They assume that you are guilty
- Do not click your ads. If Google catches you, they will suspend your account and retain any earnings you might have
So, try Google AdSense and Ping me.